Thursday, January 17, 2013

Wayne Lai finds own acting lacklustre



Despite having won the TVB King title for 2012 for his portrayal of Lei Lin-ying, an intelligent eunuch who initially serves Concubine Yuen, Wayne Lai is not satisfied with himself.

According to Jayne Stars, the 48-year-old actor strives to improve his own acting skills in producer Lee Tim Shing's "Rosy Business 3" and walk away with the TV King title for the fourth time in 2013.

"Do you think I'm good in "The Confidant"? I know myself. That was not my best performance yet."

The workaholic star explained that he felt his acting was lacklustre due to his lack of time for self-reflection. Normally, he prepared for his roles by doing research through reading books and watching DVDs, but could not find the time during "The Confidant" to do so due to his busy work schedule last year.

Aside from filming "Rosy Business 3", Wayne Lai also revealed that he wants to go on a summer vacation with his family after filming completes in July.

"Every character is different. By not reflecting on the past roles I play, I will be doing the same thing for the next role and that is a trap. I don't want to be stuck in that trap. That's why I am now thinking how I can break through in "Rosy Business 3"," explained Wayne.

Wayne also hopes that despite the major overhaul of TVB personnel, which sees the exit of famed scriptwriter, Cheung Wah Biu and female lead, Sheren Teng, "Rosy Business 3" will be able to enjoy equally good ratings as its predecessors.

No comments:

Post a Comment