Thursday, January 17, 2013

Raymond Lam pockets big money



Rumour has it that TVB has been helping their golden boy, Raymond Lam, to fight for a mainland grand production drama, in order to get the actor to renew his contract.

According to Groove Asia website, it was rumoured that the actor will be shooting a 30-episode costume drama, "Luk Siu Fung" for RMB500,000 per episode (app. USD80,426) - an amount higher than 2012 best paid drama actor, Kevin Cheng's RMB350,000 per episode for the TV version of "Ip Man".

Earlier, Kevin Cheng was reportedly shooting "Ip Man 2" for RMB500,000 per episode, but since the offer didn't materialise, Raymond is now dubbed the highest earning TVB actor to date.

It was also alleged that the production is casting great actresses to pair up with Raymond and plan to air his dramas during prime time hours. With "Luk Siu Fung" only starting in April, it was reported that TVB gave the green light in advance to let Raymond take a month off after his concert ends.

Asked if TVB's kind treatment to him will make him reconsider his contract renewal decision, Raymond only hinted, "TVB has always treated me well. We work well together in a lot of ways. After all, wherever Miss Lok goes, I will go too."

Regarding the rumours of his RMB500,000 per episode, the actor stated, "I really don't know. I just know how the story and role will be like. Leave the money part to my manager. Damian Lau has portrayed the role before. He's a senior that I really admire, so I will go get some advice from him. I hope I will be able to bring a refreshing feeling to the audience." 

No comments:

Post a Comment