Thursday, January 17, 2013

Law Kar Ying talks about cancer



In director Yim Ho's HK i-Cable Entertainment Channel health show, "Yim Ho Pharmacology", veteran actor Law Kar Ying made a guest appearance and talked about his battle with liver cancer.

Jayne Stars reported that in the premiere of the show on 6 January, the 66-year-old Law revealed that he was diagnosed with cancer in 2004, stating, "I was watching a ball game in the middle of the night, and I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my stomach. It didn't go away, so I went to the hospital after the game."

"The doctor gave me a shot but the pain didn't stop. I had no choice but to be warded overnight to get my blood tested."

That is when he was diagnosed with liver cancer.

Law expressed, "After an NMR examination, they discovered a malignant tumour in my liver, 3 cm in length. But luckily, the tumour had grown at the side, and there was only one, so getting it removed was easy. I didn't even need to go through chemotherapy."

"But the days in between my diagnosis and my surgery were some of my hardest. I couldn't fall asleep, I cried, and I was very uncomfortable. I kept on asking myself why, why must this happen to me?"

However, Law revealed that he is lucky to have his wife, Liza, with him. The actor, who married his lady love in 2009 after 20-year long relationship, revealed that Liza was also diagnosed with thyroid cancer once before and had a benign breast tumour after their marriage, making it easy for her to understand what he was going through.

Law expressed that he is content with his life, and happy in his married life with Liza. However, the actor revealed that he still regrets the fact that they are childless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment