Thursday, January 17, 2013

"Inbound Troubles" Good Start Peaked 33 PTS, But Lots of Complaints



Yesterday the cast of TVB new series Inbound Troubles Joey Meng, Roger Kwok, Wong Cho Lam, Ivana Wong, Louis Cheung and Whitney Hui gathered for dinner and to watch the premiere together. It was said Joey had been having difficulties getting pregnant because her husband smokes. She said: "He doesn't smoke 3 packs of cigarettes a day, that exaggerated. I already quit smoking, but sometimes perhaps due to stress, I do smoke a cigarettes. We go for a body check annually and have good health. Whether we decide to have a baby or not, it is between us. Also, I just joined TVB and if I get pregnant that quickly, then it seems strange. Work comes first, but if there is an accident, I don't mind either." 

Inbound Troubles is Joey's first TVB series, she expressed she actually wasn't too nervous, but recently she's starting to feel nervous because people have been constantly asking her about the TV ratings. She laughed: "If the rating reaches 40 points, one said he'll have another baby (Roger Kwok) and the other said he'll get married (Wong Cho Lam), then I really do hope they can get married and have children." 

Also, the premiere rating averaged 31 points and peaked at 33 points, which is much higher than last week's Missing You finale rating (27 PTS). However, the Broadcasting Authority received 10 complaints on the premiere -- the content increased the China-Hong Kong controversy and defamed Mainlanders, but there also complaints that the scenes insulted Hong Kong people and the content is misleading. It appears Wong Cho Lam's catchphrase in the series is "Harmony, harmony , I will learn properly." Wong Cho Lam responded to the Weibo comments on the series, he expressed: "Some people silently observe and analyze; some feel offended by just one or two words; some are very interested and wants to see how the story develops; some said they won't be watching the series anymore; some said I'm defaming Mainlanders and some said I'm insulting Hong Kong people. There are even some people who get specific, saying that I insulted Dongguan or Sichuan people. So just what type of person are you? Do we need these people in our society? If you can boil on and have the courage, then watch on!" 

Ivana's song Leave Blank won the "Gold Song Gold Award" at the JSG music awards. It was said when the award was announced, Joey Yung was completely shocked and had an "O" expression, Ivana said: "I believe Joey wasn't frightened, just surprised. We chatted a lot throughout the night, I believe she's happy for me." When speaking of the public doubting on just how many people actually listened to her song Leave Blank? Ivana said: "I've heard many people liked this song. I'm an optimistic person and I know it's hard to please everybody." Netizens turned the lyrics of Ivana's Leave Blank into a spoof Leave Rice, which reached over 20,000 clicks online.

No comments:

Post a Comment